Our vision is to be an excellent school, where outstanding practice, equality and well-being are at the heart of all that we do – our school has happy children who are inspired learners. We endeavour to ensure that our young people are fully prepared for life in the 21st century.
At the heart of our vision is the desire to provide our children with the best experiences and outcomes, so outstanding practice is a key aspect of our work. Our vision promotes excellent teaching and learning to ensure that outcomes are the best that they can possibly be for our pupils.
Education for us is not just about embedding the fundamental skills of English and Maths in children, although these skills are essential in the world today. Education is also about preparing pupils fully for life in the 21st century, so our vision encompasses the whole child and one which nurtures and develops all talents through a rich and varied curriculum. Our curriculum allows pupils to be imaginative and creative and provides them with memorable experiences to positively impact on their well-being.
Our school is dynamic, harmonious and values-led. The values underpinning our vision support our children in being happy and self-confident individuals, with strong morals and a ‘can do’ attitude. We encourage all stakeholders to encourage our pupils to respect the rights of others, aspire for success, aim for excellence and achieve their full potential as a vision we can all live.
“Happy children, inspired learners“
AIMS AND VALUES
At Shobnall Primary School, we aim to:
- Ensure our pupils are highly confident, effective communicators who hold well balanced views and opinions
- Create a curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, inclusive and differentiated: that is challenging, active and involving for all children and which awakens in them a love of learning and encourages them to be independent learners
- Designed learning opportunities to encourage all children to achieve excellence within their ability
- Celebrates all children’s achievements and identify and support any difficulties that children may be encountering
- Celebrates and respect everyone’s individual identity and promote equality of opportunity for all
- Provides constant opportunities for children to develop their sense of self- worth and self-confidence and actively encourage their development socially, morally, culturally and spiritually so that they meet the challenges and opportunities of adolescence and adult life in today’s ever changing 21st century society
- Have full liaison and communication with other schools, within and outside the John Taylor Multi Academy Trust
As a member of the John Taylor Multi Academy Trust, Shobnall Primary School is committed to upholding and promoting the core values and objectives for The Trust. It is the responsibility of all employed and associated with the organization to work towards the achievement of these objectives:
- Children are well-prepared for the next stage in their lives through experiencing the best learning opportunities, teaching and support, and access to high quality resources and provision in and beyond the classroom
- Children achieve more, and make better progress, by attending a JTMAT academy than would otherwise be expected; we add value
- Our academies are full and always oversubscribed as a result of their popularity, reputation and success
- Our academies are staffed with high-performing professionals, exhibiting passion and taking pride in their work, in a context of effective support and challenge
- Accommodation and premises are safe, well-maintained, and with facilities that are constantly improving
- Infrastructure is both effective and efficient, underpinned by sound financial management practices whereby value for money is always given due regard
- Management systems are coherent and cohesive, and staffed by colleagues who are innovative, adaptable, and capable of absorbing new initiatives
- Our academies, and the Multi-Academy Trust, are held in the highest regard by others within and beyond the education sector, and our work and its impact is validated by external accreditation and inspection